I’m trying to see what I like and don’t like and things I wanna try out to help me find what I should major in.
The subjects I like:
- Cultural/Ethnic stuff.
- Mainly studies on the people of the Pacific, mainly Polynesia LMAO.
- Life science. I like Anthropology, and it connects with cultural stuff. And Zoology. But keep me away from Biology LOL. Except for maybe Marine Biology.
- Dance, but I’d prefer a minor in it.
- Art, but fuck majoring in it LOL.
- Sociology sounds cool.
- Communications too.
- Filipino studies ;O
- Peace studies.
- Family resources.
- FUCKING MATH.
- PHYSICAL FUCKING SCIENCE. FUCK THAT SHIT. No physics, no chemistry, NONE OF THAT SHIT.
- American History is fucking torture ;_; (Except maybe for studies on Native Americans, but that’s kinda different LOL)
- I’ve never taken PoliSci, but it sounds like jailtime to me ;__;
- ECO-FUCKINOMICS. SHIT WAS BORING AS FUCK. Unkz, thanks for your help, but SHIT WAS FUCKING DISGUSTINGLY BORING. ugh.
So I can just kinda combine a couple of subjects to find something.
- Dance-Ethnic/Cultural – for Dance Ethnology
- Cultural/Ethnic-Anthropology-Pacific Studies – for Pacific Island Studies.
- Ethnic/Cultural-Languages – for Linguistics.
- Filipino studies-Ethnic/Cultural-Languages – for Philippine Language and Literature.
- Communications-Zoology – TALKING WITH ANIMALS FUCK YEAH. okayno LOL.
Luckily, UH Manoa DOES offer a degree for Dance Ethnology.
The thing is, they only offer a MASTER’S Degree for Dance Ethnology, so that’s out of the picture.
If you don’t know about Master’s Degrees, they’re for college graduates. It’s optional, but if you do want one, you have to go back to school for a couple more years and get one. ;O
Then after a Master’s, you can get a Ph.D.
I’m considering going to graduate school at UH Manoa for the Dance Ethnology degree though :]
After that, there’s Pacific Island Studies.
You know me and my Pacific Island studies LOLOL.
I’m considering it, but the courses don’t sound as interesting as the courses in Ethnic Studies.
Then comes Linguistics.
It sounds hella interesting, cause instead of actually learning the language, you learn ABOUT the language.
I’m considering it, but it’s probably the last on my list.
Philippine Language and Literature sounds pretty interesting too, but like Linguistics, it’s one of the lasts on my list as well.
I’m kinda considering Marine Biology, but once again, what would I do with it? LOL.
Maybe a minor in it would be more suited for me, but I’m already minoring in Dance LOL. They don’t offer a minor in Marine Biology either LOL.
So my top ones are Ethnic Studies and Pacific Island Studies.
I like both so far, but right now, I’ll give myself time to decide LOL.
If anybody from UH Manoa is somewhere out there on WordPress, could you give me some recommendations to help me decide? ;_;