I honestly have no idea if any of you guys still check this at all, or how any of you guys are doing, but if you do, what’s up? Haha.
We started this whole group blog around the time I was 15 or so. Now, I’m 25 and never would have imagined seeing myself where I am today. So I just wanna ask, how are you guys and what are you up to nowadays?
I wanna keep this brief so here’s just a quick compilation of how I’ve been doing since we all decided to leave this blog:
- I moved to Hawai’i in 2013 to attend University of Hawai’i at Manoa. I changed majors a lot–from Hawaiian Studies, to art, to Second Language Studies, but I ultimately chose film.
- Surprisingly enough, I decided to take a break from dancing starting from spring of 2014. I had a huge internal battle with myself, having no idea if I should continue dancing both hula and Tahitian. Ultimately I chose Tahitian due to the emotional stress I had from hula (it’s extremely strict in Hawai’i). However, I didn’t do well in competition, so I thought I should take a break.
- I studied abroad in Korea in summer of 2015 (picked up an interest for K-pop in 2014). Learned the language, made international friends and everything haha.
- Graduated with a BA in film in fall 2016, which was also one of the best semesters of my whole college life.
- Moved back home immediately after graduation. However, my family relationship still has never changed since high school and it took an emotional toll on me as an adult.
- Decided to move back to Hawai’i on my own in summer of 2017. Biggest decision of my life, but it was the best decision I have ever made. It was a little scary at first, but it turned out amazing.
- Moved to Korea in fall of 2017 to become an English teacher. It was a job I’ve been wanting for years, and I made it.
- As of now, I still currently reside in Korea and I think I will be for a while. I’ll probably spend a year in Japan after I’m done here, but I ultimately wanna settle in Hawai’i. This is all for the future though.
So … what’s new with you guys? Haha.
EDIT: Here’s a few photos of me if you guys wanted to see how I look like now. I know we shared pictures of ourselves in the past, but I feel as if we never really got a good look at what we really looked like haha.